Democratic Majority for Israel is seeking creative, motivated, and energetic interns in Washington, DC, to work with our political and communications departments. Interns will act as key members of our team and work directly with staff to play a substantive role in our advocacy and communication efforts. Candidates should possess an interest and familiarity with Israel, politics, grassroots organizing, and communication tools. This will be an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates to gain experience in a fast-paced advocacy environment. Internship start and end dates are flexible. Interns can expect to work remotely.
Send a resume, cover letter, and where you saw this ad with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which internship you are applying for — political — in the subject email.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
About Democratic Majority for Israel
We are proud Democrats who believe a vital component of the Democratic Party’s vision and values has been the commitment to a strong U.S-Israel relationship, rooted in shared values and common interests. Democratic Majority for Israel works to maintain and strengthen support for the U.S.-Israel alliance by providing resources to elected officials, candidates, and the public while advocating for our progressive values as proud pro-Israel Democrats.
Political Intern Core Responsibilities
Support the Political Department in the DC headquarters by:
- Providing research support including tracking legislation, policy research, opposition research, and digital tracking
- Monitoring up to the minute news coverage on campaigns and events
- Drafting memos and policy reports
- Supporting data cleanup
- Assisting on projects as needed
Political Intern Requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, implement collaborative projects, and think creatively
- Ability to interact with people of different backgrounds
- Strong interest in politics and campaigning
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines without loss of quality
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Sense of humor
Interns for Democratic Majority for Israel are paid $16/hour.
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is anxious to recruit a staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.