Reports to: Political Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Staff Reporting to this position: None
Location: Washington, D.C. or Remote
Democratic Majority for Israel is an organization of progressive and Democratic leaders from across the country dedicated to advancing the shared progressive values of the Democratic Party, important among them our pro-Israel position. We believe that our nation’s relationship with Israel is grounded in shared values and shared interests. We work tirelessly to maintain and strengthen support for the U.S.-Israel alliance by educating elected officials, candidates and the public, while advocating for other progressive policies.
Democratic Majority for Israel has an immediate opening for a Political Manager to oversee our advocacy work, our state outreach program, and endorsement process for elections. This individual plays a key role in shaping the organization’s political strategy and strengthening relationships with Members of Congress and coalitions. The ideal candidate is committed to Democratic Majority for Israel’s mission to support the U.S.-Israel relationship, is extremely detail oriented and has sharp political instincts. 2-3 cycles of political experience in a campaign or on Capitol Hill are desired.
- Oversee candidate endorsement process including collecting, processing, and reviewing position papers; identifying and communicating key policy priorities; developing and tracking timelines for involvement; tracking candidates, their fundraising, districts of interest and other metrics
- Oversee the state outreach program
- Oversee DMFI’s advocacy work by building and strengthening relationships with coalitions and allies
- Collaborate with DMFI staff on organizational priorities such as hosting events, fundraisers, outreach, advocacy, research, and communicating with Members of Congress.
- Manage staff and/or internship program
- Serve as primary point of contact at DMFI PAC for congressional campaigns and relevant PACs
- Updates and edits DMFI PAC website to ensure its accuracy
- Prepare materials for leadership to use in presentations, meetings or interviews
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s materials related to DMFI PAC
- Prepare reports and conduct basic opposition research
- Assist with other administrative needs as required
- At least 2 electoral cycles of experience, with at least 1 in a management position
- Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to DMFI’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team to implement collaborative projects, and think creatively
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Adept project management, research, and analysis skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office required, competency in EveryAction or NGP VAN preferred
Send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits
DMFI offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days and most federal holidays
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision coverage
- Generous retirement plan with match
- Cell phone reimbursement
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is committed to recruiting staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.