Political Internship — Spring 2021
Democratic Majority for Israel is seeking creative, motivated, and energetic interns in Washington, DC. Interns will act as key members of our team and work directly with staff to play a substantive role in our advocacy. Candidates should possess an interest in Israel, advocacy, public outreach, grassroots organizing, and social media. This will be an excellent opportunity for politically inclined students and recent graduates to gain experience in a fast-paced advocacy environment. Internship start and end dates are flexible.
Send a resume, cover letter, and where you saw this with the job title in the subject line to [email protected] Please specify which internship you are applying for in your email.
Application Deadline: November 10th at 5 PM
About Democratic Majority for Israel
We are proud Democrats who believe a vital component of the Democratic Party’s vision and values has been the commitment to a strong U.S-Israel relationship, rooted in shared values and common interests. Democratic Majority for Israel works to maintain and strengthen support for the U.S.-Israel alliance by providing resources to elected officials, candidates, and the public while advocating for our progressive values as proud pro-Israel Democrats.
Support the Political Department in the DC headquarters by:
- Providing research support including tracking legislation, policy research, opposition research, and digital tracking
- Monitoring up to the minute news coverage on campaigns and events
- Drafting memos and policy reports
- Assisting on projects as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, implement collaborative projects, and think creatively
- Ability to interact with people of different backgrounds
- Strong interest in politics and campaigning
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines without loss of quality
- Sense of humor
Interns for Democratic Majority for Israel are paid $15/hour in accordance with our values.
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is anxious to recruit a staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.