Communications Internship — Spring 2021
A new organization, Democratic Majority for Israel — the voice of pro-Israel Democrats — is seeking a creative, motivated and energetic paid communications intern in Washington, DC. The communications intern will act as a key member of our team and work directly with staff to play a substantive role in our advocacy and communications operation. Candidates should possess an interest in Israel, advocacy, public outreach, and social media. This will be an excellent opportunity for politically inclined students and recent graduates to gain experience in a fast-paced advocacy environment.
Support the Communications Department in the DC headquarters by:
- Assist with clips distribution list
- Maintain and update distribution lists
- Track media mentions
- Provide research support for the communications team, including monitoring news coverage and social media and tracking candidate statements
- Assist with drafting social media content
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, implement collaborative projects, and think creatively
- Ability to interact with
- people of different backgrounds
- Strong interest in politics and foreign policy
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines without loss of quality
- Sense of humor
Internship start and end dates are flexible, but we are looking for someone to begin in January 2020.
Interns for Democratic Majority for Israel are paid $15/hour in accordance with our values and assigned a maximum of 30 hours/week.
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is anxious to recruit a staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Send a resume, cover letter, and where you saw this with the job title in the subject line to [email protected] Please specify which internship you are applying for in your email.
Application Deadline: November 10th at 5 PM