Reports to: Political Director
Staff Reporting to this position: None
Location: Washington, D.C.
Democratic Majority for Israel is an organization of Democratic leaders from across the country dedicated to advancing the values of the Democratic Party, important among them our pro-Israel position. We believe that our nation’s relationship with Israel is grounded in shared values and shared interests. We work tirelessly to maintain and strengthen support for the U.S.-Israel alliance by educating elected officials, candidates and the public, while advocating for other progressive policies.
The Congressional Relations Manager serves as DMFI’s liaison to Capitol Hill and works to advance the interests of the organization in support of a Democratic agenda and strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship. This individual will work as a core member of the Political Team.
- Develop, maintain, and cultivate working relationships with members and staffers in key congressional offices.
- Organize and lead policy-focused meetings and briefings with Members of Congress and their staffers.
- Proactively track developments in federal legislation to provide actionable political intelligence and identify opportunities that align with issues of interest to relevant committees, congressional staff, and members of Congress.
- Draft internal and external communications to staff and stakeholders to break down and analyze legislation.
- Oversee the implementation of a series of educational events to brief Hill staffers on issues important to our organization
- Utilize relationships to secure government officials for DMFI events
- Find opportunities to engage our lay leaders in our Hill work
- Develop briefing materials for both DMFI leadership and congressional stakeholders (e.g., issue papers, briefing slides, letters and handouts).
- Manage and recruit political department interns
Other Key Responsibilities to Note:
- Enhance the effectiveness of lobbying efforts by maintaining high visibility on Capitol Hill, developing, and maintaining relationships, and gathering information and legislative intelligence.
- Update and maintain contact lists for Hill staff and key officials in our CRM
- Track and maintain detailed accounting of your work in our CRM
- Assisting with other departmental or organizational needs.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Capitol Hill experience
- 3-5 years of past work experience in Democratic politics, Jewish Community advocacy, or pro-Israel advocacy required.
- Strong and savvy political and policy instincts.
- Ability to advocate persuasively in writing and orally, resulting in policy/strategic achievements aligned with campaign and organizational goals.
- Experience and demonstrated strength in building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships to achieve organizational and team goals.
- Excellent writing and project management skills.
- Able to easily listen to and receive input and feedback from membership, staff, and stakeholder audiences.
- Long-term professional commitment to supporting the U.S. – Israel relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively cultivate relationships with key members of Congress.
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is anxious to recruit a staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Salary and Benefits:
DMFI PAC offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Paid time off for vacation, personal days and most federal holidays
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision coverage
- Generous retirement plan with match
- Cell phone reimbursement
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Be sure to include your resume and a cover letter.